8 Super Foods
- kiwi fruit is a great source of vitamin C – even better than an orange when compared weight for weight.
Kiwi fruit also contains vitamin K, potassium and magnesium.
- watercress is brimming with beneficial B vitamins and minerals such as iron and calcium. It’s a good source of the antioxidant vitamin C, flavonoids, beta-carotene and glucosinolates which are believed to have a range of possible anti-cancer effects. It also contains some vitamin E.
- Sunflower seeds are rich in the antioxidant vitamin E. Mix them with pumpkin seeds for a healthy blend of beneficial omega-6 and omega-3 fats.
- Spinach contains folic acid (good for healthy blood, nerves, circulation and pregnancy) and vitamin C. Leafy greens – such as spinach, cabbage and spring greens – are also a good source of carotenoids and, when eaten regularly, might help to reduce the risk of heart disease and various cancers.
- Almonds lower bad cholesterol, thanks to plant sterols, and benefit diabetics by lowering blood sugar. They’re also rich in amino acids, whichbolster testosterone levels and muscle growth.
- Sea Vegetables Dulse, Hijiki, Kelp, Kombu, Nori, Wakame are all high in Amino Acids, Beta Carotene, Calcium, Iodine, Iron, Magnesium and Omega-3s.
- Green Tea releases catechin, an antioxidant with proven anti-inflammatory and anticancer properties. It can boost your cardiovascular health and reduce the risk of most types of cancer.
- Avocados are full of monounsaturated fat. Also rich in folate, a water-soluble B vitamin that helps lower the levels of homocysteine, an amino
acid that can hinder the flow of blood through blood vessels.
Share the post "8 Super Foods – antioxidants"